Does DiveAssure want any business?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is on two different computers using Firefox and Chrome, as well as my Android phone on Chrome. I can certainly get it to give me an error message if I fill in a field incorrectly, but am unable to complete the form after correcting the details.

Error messages are clearly written by non-native English speakers, and I just read another thread that pointed out a recent egregious security flaw that was apparently "patched' shortly after it was brought to their attention, but does not give me any confidence whatsoever.

Removing the enormous high definition video from the front page would be an enormous improvement.

Story of my life. Everyone thinks we all have T1s in our house. Some of us share a 9600 baud satellite connection at times. Please, keep your huge data websites to yourself....

I just put Firefox on my mobile device. In it, the "Which language?" popup comes up, and no matter what I choose, the page refreshes and the same popup comes up again. This obstructs the ability to go to the next step.

My guess is, the low-cost offshore developers who developed the site and can't speak English wrote and tested the site on a single browser and didn't bother ensuring it works across a standard set of them. I've looked at some of the underlying JavaScript, and it's no wonder; the code is a mess.

I know this is an older post, but once again DiveAssure has dropped the ball. As of several months ago, when I select a state for annual dive insurance plans, it says there are no available options for that state, and to call. I finally called - and of course nobody answered, but I was allowed to leave a message. I did receive a call back and they are unable to offer insurance in many (perhaps all) states. They have absolutely no idea if or when they will be able to.

I know this is an older post, but once again DiveAssure has dropped the ball. As of several months ago, when I select a state for annual dive insurance plans, it says there are no available options for that state, and to call. I finally called - and of course nobody answered, but I was allowed to leave a message. I did receive a call back and they are unable to offer insurance in many (perhaps all) states. They have absolutely no idea if or when they will be able to.

Dive Assure does not currently (as of at least 6 months ago and earlier) offer dive accident insurance for any state for domestic use. The dive accident coverage is only for international use, and you can have it ride onto a trip insurance plan. Just get DAN. I would still get DAN dive accident even if Dive Assure offered domestic coverage.

You do have a ton of RAM. Just not so much bandwidth. How do you even access the web on a 96k connection? No wonder you haven't replied to my email...
To be pedantic the number Wookie quoted was 9.6 k baud. Given he is on a satellite link it is possible to modulate more than one bit per time interval 1/9600 of a second. Even if his modem is encoding 4 bits per time interval he would still be only getting 38.4 kbps. All I can say is Wookie must be a remarkably patient man. I would be throwing equipment around the room if I was working at that speed

What’s The Difference Between Bit Rate And Baud Rate?

To be pedantic the number Wookie quoted was 9.6 k baud. Given he is on a satellite link it is possible to modulate more than one bit per time interval 1/9600 of a second. Even if his modem is encoding 4 bits per time interval he would still be only getting 38.4 kbps. All I can say is Wookie must be a remarkably patient man. I would be throwing equipment around the room if I was working at that speed

What’s The Difference Between Bit Rate And Baud Rate?

In fairness to Wookie, his post is from 3 years ago. Hopefully things have improved for his household.

Dive Assure does not currently (as of at least 6 months ago and earlier) offer dive accident insurance for any state for domestic use. The dive accident coverage is only for international use, and you can have it ride onto a trip insurance plan. Just get DAN. I would still get DAN dive accident even if Dive Assure offered domestic coverage.

You're misunderstanding. I'm not intending to buy coverage for domestic travel. I don't even dive in the U.S. I want multi-trip dive and travel insurance for international travel only. But when you fill out your personal information on the DiveAssure site, you have to choose a state (because it's still governed by state insurance laws, I suppose).

I have DAN dive accident coverage; I specifically wanted DiveAssure for the multi-trip coverage it provides over and above dive accidents. I had it for several years, and now it's impossible to buy.

You're misunderstanding. I'm not intending to buy coverage for domestic travel. I don't even dive in the U.S. I want multi-trip dive and travel insurance for international travel only. But when you fill out your personal information on the DiveAssure site, you have to choose a state (because it's still governed by state insurance laws, I suppose).

I have DAN dive accident coverage; I specifically wanted DiveAssure for the multi-trip coverage it provides over and above dive accidents. I had it for several years, and now it's impossible to buy.

Yes, that is purely because of state level insurance laws. It was not clear from your post that I replied to that you you were looking for an annual dive accident plan for what you just described to me as being just for international and multi trip purposes and that you already had DAN.

Are you looking for medical coverage that will cover things outside of diving as well for your travels? Look at Geo Blue Traveler's health insurance. GeoBlue | International Travel Health Insurance. You can get an annual plan. I travel a lot per year but still buy them separately because I want higher coverage and there was no cost savings in buying multiple times vs. under the multi trip given the coverage amounts. I usually buy $1M with no deductible a few times a year (2 months total, 1 month at a time) under the Voyager Plan (I have health insurance that covers internationally but not as good as theirs.) and it is still cheaprer than buying the multi trip lower coverage option. I supplement with this on top of my Dive Assure travel/medical/accident insurance as well as my DAN dive accident and my regular health insurance coverage, and then whatever else my credit card provides me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom