Does constipation increase buoyancy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends on diet and a bunch of digestive factors that vary from person to person.

You seem to know a lot about it, you must have had lots of shiitty experiences.

I got a good laugh out of this. Think how much gas you put in your BC per pound you offset now add that to your colon instead 😂

I got a good laugh out of this. Think how much gas you put in your BC per pound you offset now add that to your colon instead 😂

You will be full of it for sure.

But we are talking about air inside your gut. A liter of air weighs 1.29 grams at standard temperature and pressure. So if I've done my math right, we would need to compress it to 773 bar (11,211 psi) for it to becomes neutrally buoyant. It is somewhat unlikely that constipation could provide sufficient pressure, whatever it may feel like.
To be fair, some people can be a real tight @$$.

You seem to know a lot about it, you must have had lots of shiitty experiences.
I'm having one right now thanks to the two liters of prep fluid I had to drink for my colonoscopy appointment tomorrow.

I didn't do a buoyancy check before I started so there's a scientific opportunity missed.

I'm having one right now thanks to the two liters of prep fluid I had to drink for my colonoscopy appointment tomorrow.

I wish you luck my friend. I hope that all will be well with you.

I didn't do a buoyancy check before I started so there's a scientific opportunity missed.
That stinks, hope it all comes out ok.

That stinks, hope it all comes out ok.

Crapppy situation but it should relieve itself without too much straining I hope.

Poop thread from late 2023 resurrected = slow news day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom