Does anyone work here???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funlvn66

Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to upload a photo to post for my profile and I need additional instructions. I've left a message for tec support but havn't heard back. Any suggestions or anyone know a phone # to call??

funlvn66:
I'm trying to upload a photo to post for my profile and I need additional instructions. I've left a message for tec support but havn't heard back. Any suggestions or anyone know a phone # to call??
there are usually 2 problems with any photo upload.
one is the size of the photo either how many KB it is or dimensional size "a" pixels by "b" pixels.

or probelm 2 is it is a format problem....needs to be a JPG ore GIF and not like say a bit map or a PDF file or some such nonsence.

I belive there is a.....photos should be like this link somewhere near where the photo upload area is....

hope this helps.

john

Remember also that the 'profile picture' is different from the 'avatar' and the sizes allowed are different.

I know I had to make my picture smaller in a photo editing program before I could upload it.

Well, what instructions are you in need of.

You want to go to the User CP; and on the left you'll see "edit profile picture", then you can either put in a URL that points to the picture, or use the browse button to find it on your local system and upload it.

If you got that far and it 'didn't work', let us know what it told you for an error.

If you need to "resize" your picture there is a spiffy free program out there called "irfanview" that does it quick & painless, you just punch in the required max size (works with only 1 dimension so it maintains proportion) desired & go click.
http://www.irfanview.com/
I used it to slightly "modify" a couple of pics that were getting published in the newspaper; I trimmed about 20 lbs off one girl & added it to another that was on her **** list. :wink:

funlvn66:

PM to any mod is the quickest way to get some help. There's usually someone on line

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom