Does anyone make a XL Tall Shorty?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

staggsSevin

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi Guys,

I'm needing to buy a new shorty, I currently have a XXL Akona shorty and while it does the job....it just chokes the crap out of me some times. For my full wetsuits I wear Henderson XL Tall (I'm 6'7") and they work great, but I have yet to find anyone that makes XL Tall shorty. It's like I need the body portion just a bit taller so it doesn't choke my neck!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Well unfortunatly I think you might be out of luck to find an XL tall shorty. I don't think they are made, you might consider getting a XXL super stretch shorty. The Bare Velocity should work well, with the extra stretch the suit will become taller. I would try that.

Wouldn't you go back in time in a tall shorty? :silly:

Anywho, +1 on the Hyperstretch, I really like mine, and it runs a little tall from what they say on the size chart.

I know, I know, I also suggested a Henderson Hyperstretch in a previous post, but the wetsuit that is in the link below is one that is similar to what I have for a shorty. I'm a similar height (6'4") and I have the XL size and all is well. I have the Edge 3/2, and it works pretty well (although I've only really used it in a pool so far).

Here's the link: Storm Men's 2mm Shorty

I've had this suit on in about high 60's to medium 70's range water and it kept me nice and comfy. I think the only time that I was shivering was on a night swim in the pool mentioned above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, I'm going to go ahead and pick up a h2 shorty, I already got a 3mm h2, and a 5mm h2 so may as well as stick with the h2 line.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom