Does anyone know the proper way to clean/service the Fourth Element Drysuit Inflator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks in advance.

Not sure how to service them during annual service.

Any advices are appreciated.
I assume you are talking about the quick disconnect? Soak in white vinegar/water. Ultrasonic if you have one. Change the oring at the first stage end if you want to be fastidious.

I assume you are talking about the quick disconnect? Soak in white vinegar/water. Ultrasonic if you have one.
In addition my Quick Disconnect (BCD and dry suit) love to get some lubrication now and then. I'm talking about the external/moving parts ( metal sleeve, balls, spring). I use general purpose silicon spray, being very careful NOT to spray any inside the hole as there is an o-ring deep inside there and I don't know how it would react with the spray.
FYI that said o-ring is very difficult to reach for removal/replacement

Thanks in advance.

Not sure how to service them during annual service.

Any advices are appreciated.
I’ve found an occasional squirt of silicone spray into the innards does wonders to make it easy to attach/detach

there’s another oring on the quick connect side, not sure how to deal with it
Yeap. That's the difficult to get to o-ring I was talking about. It is so well hidden that most divers just ignore it... Unless you dive a lot, it might last for the life of the hose...

For the divers who care and/or dive a lot, there are ways to remove and replace it as discussed eg here:
and some tools specially made for this:

This is a case of if it ain't broke....

Worry about it if and when it leaks. If it starts bubbling during a dive you might lose a breath or two of air. Maybe....

Back
Top Bottom