Does anyone know the names of the dive sites at molasses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeper thoughts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi I know this might be lenghty but yesterday i dove ball6 and didnt know the common name. As there are over 25 mooring balls there i was wondering can anyone list the ball number and common site name.
Thanks

Good question. I can only find reference to Molasses Reef-North End (10-40', pieces of old tower laying across sand); Molasses Deep-(40-90', marked by three mouring buoys, low coral ridges and narrow sand channels); and Molasses Reef-South End (10-40', southernmost buoy marks Permit Ledge, Fire Coral Caves, Spanish Anchor and Winch Hole to the NE). I hope that helps!

thanks, probably one of the dive-ops can shed more light

deeper thoughts:
Hi I know this might be lenghty but yesterday i dove ball6 and didnt know the common name. As there are over 25 mooring balls there i was wondering can anyone list the ball number and common site name.
Thanks
Some balls have specific names... others don't. Ball 21, for example, is called "Spanish Anchor" because of the large coral-encrusted ship's anchor near the base of the mooring line. If you can describe the features of the area you dived, I can probably help you with the common name.

Bear in mind that the numbers may not remain consistent over time, and that some balls aren't numbered at all. If you find a ball you like, it's best to mark it with your GPS, or triangulate using visual references, so that you can find it again next time out.

Thanks, we were there and dove 6 and 7 for the 1st time with my boat and was just curious.
Enjoy your weekend

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom