Does anyone know of a LDS in NE Ohio or western PA that banks EANx 32?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darylm74:
Ocean Odyssey has not closed their doors for good. Conrad's rental contract came due and they wanted something like triple the amount. I was in last week before they closed and he told me that they had 2 places they were looking at moving into, however he would have to see which one was most feasible in price and alterations that would need to be made.

With that said, check out Splash Water Sports (www.splashws.com) located Pittsburgh on Banksville Rd. My best friend is the general manager there and will be by tonight for a beer so I will ask him what they bank, but I am pretty sure it is 36, but no issue for them to drop it to 32. Ocean Odyssey and Splash work closely together and I'm sure that they are the shop that Conrad would point you to until he gets his new shop opened. If you have any further questions, let me know.
Thanks for the info, I'll check with Splash for now. Banked 32 % or 36% work for me. For the average depths I will diving EANx36 would not be a hardship. After the day is done I can top it off with 21% and dive the mix (usually about 26 to 29%) one more time.

When I talked to Conrad on the phone in early January he wouldn't say if he was going to continue, I'm glad to hear he isn't throwing in the towel. Maybe he'll move even closer to me!

COVCI:
I offer this course and you do NOT have to work for a shop. In most cases, candidates are just like you and are blending their own gas at home. If you are interested, I have a class scheduled for March 25 and 26 in Columbus. Call me at 614-638-0432 or email.

Thanks,
Chris
COVCI
I very interested, and my wife was pleased that you are located near Easton Shopping Center. I'll call you next week, but what are we looking at in the way of tuition and pre-reqs? I have a LDS that is about 8 mins from my house who will allow me to fill my tanks with air (grade E on the last report) once the O2 is in. I might even be able to work a deal to do blending for him to help cover my set-up cost, and the O2 I use for my own tanks.

I don't know if you receive Ocean Odyssey's e-mails but Conrad will be announcing the location of his new shop next Monday at their dive club meeting. I will see if I can find out where.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom