Does anyone have a backplate and wing I can try?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

poomero

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was diving last weekend and I noticed my BCD has about 8 small holes in it. I don’t know how but it does. I want to get a new one but I don’t know if I would like a back plate and wing or another back inflate BCD. I know it’s asking a lot to use someone’s gear but I though it would be worth a shot. I would pay you for it like if I were to rent it from a shop but I though I should ask here first to see whets out there.

If you would be willing to let me use one for a dive on Sat please let me know. I will be out at Fort Ross with the north coast divers.

You can email me or PM me.
josh@properlyinsured.com

What is your height and weight? Waist size? Are you in a two piece farmer john, or one piece 7mm suit? Do you already have a weight belt? Can you easily adjust weight?

Definitely get a BP/W, as it will probably cost less than another BC...especially when you then go out and buy a BP/W after buying the wrong BC.

Saturday may not be diveable at this point :(

I'm 5'10 230. No weight belt. I use a farmer John right now.

I have a 32" waist and am 165lbs so most likely nothing I have will fit, as my harnesses are cut to fit me properly.

You will need a separate weight belt. Nothing fancy, but something that holds lead and allows you to adjust weight. Always with a stainless buckle, and not a depth compensating, for nothing, buckle.

Just go buy a HOG (Brand) hogarthian setup. Or whatever places like Dive Right In have for the best deal. Jim Lapenta is a good source for HOG also. No fluff, no foam (IE: Comfort harness), a basic harness, and a stainless plate. If you need help let me know.

HOG Gear Singles Package | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

DRIS Dive Gear 28lb BP/W System | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

Thanks for the links. Oh and I noticed the other post about the weather after I sent you a pm.

Back
Top Bottom