Do ZAGG screen protectors/USB chargers exist for Zurich ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafanatic

Contributor
Reaction score
OK, seeing the good sale price over on Dive Right In Scuba on the Zurich (air integrated with transmitter) unit, but have some fundamental questions (and possible 'issues') with this computer, hoping someone out there has the answers.

1) Can anyone recommend a particular USB battery charger for this unit ?

(yeah, auxillary solar power charging sounds cool, and certainly helps, but I want complete control over the charging process, to be able to 'top' off the computer battery when ever I want, and NOT HAVE to rely on solar power. And 'nope', I'm not leaving a $ 2000 dive computer laying around unattended in the sun somewhere, in order to charge the battery....so that someone can either steal it, or the sun can fade/overheat the unit. Also, I don't want to HAVE to bring along an entire computer laptop just to have access to a UBS charger.)

2) Is there a ZAGG screen protector available for this unit, for BOTH the computer screen itself, as well as for the solar cells ? (Liquivision offers this option)

Thank you,

Karl

1) if you purchase your Zurich from a dealer, it comes standard with the USB travel adaptor. You plug it into almost any electrical outlet, plug in your standard USB cable and voila! topped off computer.

2) i've put a fair number of dives on this unit, both work and recreational, and i have to say, the only scratch i put on it was one that a screen protector would not have helped. the solar panel and screen are quite durable. That said, i don't know if there are any plans by Zagg to make a screen protector for the SDA.

1) if you purchase your Zurich from a dealer, it comes standard with the USB travel adaptor. You plug it into almost any electrical outlet, plug in your standard USB cable and voila! topped off computer.

2) i've put a fair number of dives on this unit, both work and recreational, and i have to say, the only scratch i put on it was one that a screen protector would not have helped. the solar panel and screen are quite durable. That said, i don't know if there are any plans by Zagg to make a screen protector for the SDA.

Thanks for the clarifcation, ScooterGirl! Good to hear it includes the 'independent' USB charger. About the 'ZAGG' , sounds like I might have to go home-made there, order a generic ZAGG one, and maybe trim it down to the correct size...just wanna do what I can to protect the unit...it looks sooo pretty! :)

Can you confirm that it comes standard with the USB Travel Charger? I purchased from Dive Right in Scuba and mine came with it, but they said it was sent in error and I sent it back to them.

I bought it at DRIS and got it w/o adapter as well. Not a biggie to be honest as it has the same connector as my blackberry so I am all good.

Back
Top Bottom