Do you use different fins for different dives ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I switch between my Atomic splits and SP Jet fins.... I also prefer the jet fins for stronger currents (since I have strong legs)... I also prefer to frog kick, and cannot get any power with the splits, so a large part of my diving is done with the jets

Snowbear:

I just like the lightness and speed of the Bio-fins—most of the time the mantas will come to you, but sometimes they are fast. They are also great for long surface swimming and snorkeling.

OK... thanks for the reply, Vie.

I have a pair of freediving fins I use for snorkeling in warm water (though it's been awhile). I also usually end up using them for pool sessions since the Jets are way to big without drysuit boots. For diving, I use Jetfins.

Snorkelling or warm water diving Blades FP. When I need a boot, (most of the time), Rocket fins. I got a really good deal on a set of original Blades last year, which I use once in a while, but I still prefer my Rockets to them.

Hey Unc! What size boot do you wear - I'm thinking of moving to a pair of Turtles.

Uncle Pug:
Nope. Same fins (Turtles) for all dive conditions. I could use anything I want and have plenty to pick from but the Turtles do it all and are better at it than any of the others I've used.

(the Turtles are essentially a larger pocket Jet Fin perfomance wise)

I use my force fins anytime I dive in Northern California, but when I dive in warm water I have a pair of Oceanic Vdrives that I use. I like the ease of kick on the force fins, & they seem to very manueverable in ackward situations(shore diving, etc.). I am going through divemaster class & observing OW classes right now, & I'm always to do something last minute while I am all suited up.

NCDiver2004:
Hey Unc! What size boot do you wear - I'm thinking of moving to a pair of Turtles.
Size 10 boot. With the Turtles my foot can fit all the way into the pocket right up to the instep. The new XXL Scuba Pro Jetfins have a pocket that is waaaay to large for me.

An additional note:
Diving with a 3 mil wetsuit in Fiji and Maui last fall I used my old XL Jetfins and found them actually a bit too heavy... they wanted to pull my feet down... so I will probably take something lighter but still a paddle type fin the next time.

Uncle Pug:
An additional note:
Diving with a 3 mil wetsuit in Fiji and Maui last fall I used my old XL Jetfins and found them actually a bit too heavy... they wanted to pull my feet down... .

I have this problem also although I don't use Jetfins. I haven't tried every fin out there, I am kind of restricted to ones that are more neutrally buoyant. I' m just now converting to a pair of Avante Quattros that I've had for 4 years. I cut off a pair of tall booties and they work pretty well. I was doing pretty well going backwards while snorkeling. (I was TRYING to, by the way:whack:)

Back
Top Bottom