Do you pack your SPG spool?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fjpatrum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I finally got a new HP hose for the reg set I'm giving to my brother and I'll be testing it out tomorrow in the local quarry. I was wondering if you folks pack grease around the SPG spool when installing the hose. I haven't found anything yet in the manual as to whether I should or shouldn't but I haven't looked carefully yet either.

Suggestions?

Yeah, I actually took the spool I had in to get a spare. I unfortunately didn't get a spare for my SPG, just the one I'm giving to my brother. Thanks for the info on the grease, though. Now I'll be able to get the second SPG put on my reg for testing tomorrow.

I always grease the spool too. You will notice when it is due again, because it won't swivel as easily.

I don't "pack" it but I do lube the spool and the threads quite heavily. SW get in there and it take a fairly long soak to dilute, especially if the rig is being soaked under pressure.

I'm also "generous" with grease in this area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom