Do you need to keep old vis stickers on a tank.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you should take the stickers off every now and then, these two were on two steel 72's that I had in the back of the garage. I stripped the stickers and paint off of them and made them into a nice set of doubles for a friend.

Do you think I left them on long enough?

VIP1.jpg

VIP2.jpg

It would have been cooler if they had a bicentennial VIP sticker.

BTW: What is the best method to remove them. I have a tank with a bunch of stickers on it.

I use a plastic putty knife and slowly work at pulling them off. I use goo gone to get the gum off...... Not fast but will not mar the paint of tank or cause any damage to the tank.

I warm them up with a heat gun on low to make them easier to lift also.

Sure there are other ways

mY UNDERSTANDING IS THAT the sticker is only required to be on the tank if the tank has >40% O2 which is a flag not to fill with other than hyper e air. With out the sticker you can fill with <40% and use grade e air. I would guess that when pp filling was the way to fill, it then by default required the sticker on all nitrox tanks. Banked nitrox < 40% was not in the thought process for the sticker requirement.

For sticker removal i use a hair dryer and peel them off so as not to scrape the tank. My only scars are from hydro stamping.

There is a shop around here spouting the same BS. I wonder where they get that stuff from?

Back
Top Bottom