Do you love your iPhone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What does it not do that Apple promised?

I do not know if it is still true, but I do know that the e-mail was not "pushed" to the phone, you had to go and retrieve it from a server.

Same problem with the text messaging.

These problems could be just local to this area and could be fixed by now.

My other HUGE issue with buying this phone was that I could not find anyone willing to insure it. NOT being able to get insurance on a product does not give me warm and fuzzies about the manufacturers confidence in their own product.

My Razr is insured and I've taken advantage of that insurance policy several times, Pretty sure I'd need to do the same with the iPhone. I'm not into buying a new phone every year, especially a $600 phone.

Not having a user replaceable battery I see as a problem.

The iPhone has the potential to be a great and revolutionary product, however I think it was rushed to the market, (it took several years from when we first heard about it to become available to the consumer I know) and the fact that it came to market NOT doing ALL that Apple said it would/could do I see is a problem. Do what you say you are going to do or do not release the product. YMMV

I hope to eventually own an iPhone, but I'm not a normal American who (I think) makes irresponsible choices with money in order to be or have popularity.

Again YMMV.

BTW, a very close friend of mine has the iPhone and bought it the 1st day it was available in this area. He has shown and expressed to me these issues that I have just described. Just so you know I'm not talking out of my butt.....

I don't have one - I'm happy as can be with a Pocket PC phone, which for years has done everything the iPhone does - however, I've seen two in the hands of colleagues.

One asked to borrow my phone because his iPhone couldn't get the call through. Wasn't the coverage, we were practically under the cell tower. He said the iPhone was really great except when it came to actually making calls.

A gal I also work with swears at the iPhone most of the time. She's a power callin' hard charger that uses Outlook for her contact list. The word she uses a lot is <fecal>, when refering to the phone and contact list. She says it is great as an iPod, though.

All this set off a lightbulb for me when the recent iPod Touch was released - it's obvious that the iPhone was indeed a kludgey attachment of a cell phone to a iPod in development.

<shrugs> It does look nice, though.

All the best, James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom