Do you like your BARE CD4 pro drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NORTHEAST

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys I have the opportunity to pick up a used but almost new bare pro dry for $400. This will be my backup to my cf200. Has anyone had any experience with this particular suit? My questions are would you jump on it for $400? It has latest wrist seals(uncut) and a neoprene neck seal which is stock on that particular suit. I am used to my silicone neck seal on my cf200. Any experience with neoprene neck seals? Do they keep you dry? I'd appreciate any input before I go ahead and make the purchase.

I use to have one. It was my first drysuit and a lot of people around here dive them.
Very good suit but very heavy and bulky. Takes a long time to dry. I did not care for the neoprene neck seal. Hard to get it off and i needed help most of the time. Also had some leaks around the neck.
The only other suit i have tried is the whites Fusion with latex neck seal. I really prefer the whites.
However the Bare is a good suit and it looks like a good price then buy it. You may find that you like it and if you don't you can sell it for what you paid.

What size is this drysuit?

Is the guy local in NY? The price looks decent, but I would ask to test dive the suit once or twice. I once picked up a drysuit that fit, except it had the replaceable next seals which couldn't accommodate my 7 3/4 head. It was a real struggle to get my head out of the suit and over time would have bent the seal.

Hey tight pants the suit is a xxl. Same as my dui cf200. The boots are about a size 11 which I am. Again this is going to be my backup suit so for the price I was figuring how could I go wrong. The mfg date is 2009. The mfg date on my dui is 2003. And thanks for the info spc. Hopefully I won't have a problem with the neoprene neck. If I do is there a way to cut that seal and and replace it with a latex seal even though it's not an option from bare with the cd4?

---------- Post added July 16th, 2015 at 06:40 PM ----------

Anyway I already sent the payment so I'm going to cross my finger s

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgBTW this is the suit

Comes with zippered hood, gloves and a the drysuit bag.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom