Do you have any advice for Gozo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Black Knight

Registered
Reaction score
Hi.

I'm planning to go out to Gozo alone around the start of May and if you have been there before do you have a minute, to impart some pearls of wisdom?

-Does it matter which side of Gozo I dive from? Or can the dive companies get everywhere easily? PS: Though I'm traveling alone, I aim to dive with a company when I arrive.
-How do I get from Malta aiport to the ferry and then to the right part of Gozo? (I prefer to do it myself if it's much cheaper than the dive shop arranging this.)
-Where would I find decent accommodation (I'd prefer it to be near the dive company and ideally prefer a farmhouse style.)
-Do I need any sort of certificate or licence to dive in Gozo? SOmeone said you did for Malta. I'm in England and I need to think about a Visa too...
-Is anyone going out as a group before May 1st 2008?

-Gozo is so small so I don´t think it matters much...I think you´d have a much better time if you arrange this before you go (I´ve used Calypso which were very good).
-I think you´re better fo using the diveshop, it should be cheap and you won´t save much of anything...
-There is a hotel called calypso as well but it may be more expensive than you´re looking for...
-I´ve been to Malta twice with only "regular" padi-style certs and except for some forms to fill in there´ve been no problems...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom