Do you guys think this is a good deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really don't get buying used diving parts off ebay and the like when you can do a little research and go to somewhere like scubatoys and probably pay anywhere from the same (sometimes less as bidders can get carried away) to perhaps a few dollars more and get brand new quality equipment.

It's one thing to get parts, maybe webbing, cams, etc. off of ebay- perhaps a bc or bp/wing (not even sure that is a good idea), but as far as a life support system I would only buy new.

Thanks for the opinions guys, I'll check around scubatoys and leisure pro and see if my LDS can possibly cut me a little bit better deal than the $1100 they are quoting me hehe.

scubatoys is a good outfit. i personally recommend them, having done business
with them.

leisurepro is another good place. i've bought tons of stuff from them over
the years. however, they don't carry manufacturer's warranties for a lot of stuff
they are not authorized dealiers for.

Umbrellainc:
Thanks for the opinions guys, I'll check around scubatoys and leisure pro and see if my LDS can possibly cut me a little bit better deal than the $1100 they are quoting me hehe.

Scuba.com is another good outfit. I would stick with Scubatoys or Scuba.com rather than the grey market Leisure Pro. You won't get a factory warranty with them. Check out the GS 2000 (MSRP $425.00 / $199.00 at www.scuba.com) High performance sealed first stage and rated up with Scuba Pro and Apex by Rodales (Scubadiving.com). It is what I dive and it breathes like a dream! Get your gear and dive dive dive. If it gets you out there then go for it!

Genesis GS2000

ScottCocoaBeach:
It's one thing to get parts, maybe webbing, cams, etc. off of ebay- perhaps a bc or bp/wing (not even sure that is a good idea), but as far as a life support system I would only buy new.

Excellent! One less person to bid against! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom