Do suction cup type tank holders hold tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just saw a boat with a few sets of double racks installed. They WILL hold your tanks. They will hold you if you decide to do pullups with them.
As well they should at $110 a pop. The 4-rack set for $145 is a way more economical deal but not nearly as flexible as a couple of two's.
I thought they were a perfect solution until I costed them out for my boat. I just went ahead and bolted in rails for 14 tanks. Total cost with hardware, aluminum tracks, and tank holders was under $200.

I want to hold 4 tanks but was almost going to try (2) sets of two at the $110.00 price each because I was worried that 2 suction cups wouldn't hold (4) 8" dia. steel tanks. So, if you're sure I can keep 4 of these up with only the 2 suction cup setup, I can save a few bucks.

Thanks

Why not just get the Roll Control system?

N

It is like the roll control system, same kind of track and same holders that fold down and adjust to the 8" tanks. I just wanted to know if the suction cups were strong enough. I'm not drilling holes or making a permanent installation. It's worth it to me to be able to remove all of it when I want to, if it will hold 4 tanks while it's up, and so far I've heard that it holds quite well. Has anyone used it and seen it fail?

Those racks work fine. We use them daily for a couple of years now with no problem. A great idea on boats where you cannot through bolt a bracket on.

Richesb:
Those racks work fine. We use them daily for a couple of years now with no problem. A great idea on boats where you cannot through bolt a bracket on.

Thanks,

Are you using the 2, 3, or 4 tank set up? I was mainly concerned that the 4 tank set up might be too much for 2 suction cups in which case I would have to buy (2) 2 tank set ups with 4 suction cups. Those suction cups at least "look" pretty strong!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom