do sea sickness bands really work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cra2:
well I believed the ginger and the accu-pressure bands would work and THEY didn't.
would've saved me $100 if that theory were true.

How did you spend $100.00 on ginger and the bands?

calscubagirl:
How did you spend $100.00 on ginger and the bands?

If the ginger and the pressure bands had worked, I wouldn't have HAD to spend the $100 (each) on the electric-shock bands.

which, by the way, worked like a champ yet again.
we just got back from 2 weeks in hawaii and the electric reliefbands were a WONDERFUL treatment that stopped symptoms immediately, whether car-sick, air-sick, or sea-sick.

I dont have sea legs... The inner ear does what it wants.... The best solution I have found so far is a scopamine patch (main side effect, dry mouth...which sucks in salt water but it's better than the alternative); coupled with 2 ginger root pills each morning. (You can get these at most stores). This combo has been great... And now I'm really wanting to see if I can actually handle a live aboard.Thoughts? Opinions? Experience? Suggestions?

Thoughts? Opinions? Experience? Suggestions?

Trader Joe's "Triple Ginger" cookies... with fresh, crystallized, and ground ginger.

887a8a734631ccf596462e0a8e884f82ea920445.jpe

PS - congrats on the 9.5yr old thread dredge. Nearly a record!

:)

Back
Top Bottom