DO NOT BUY from thecameraprofessionals.com.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tienuts

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello all,

Wanted to give a friendly heads-up to anyone looking to purchase electronics gear online, please learn from me and avoid thecameraprofessionals.com.

A month ago, I had the mis-fortune of flooding my Sony HDR-HC7 camera. I was looking online to purchase another one, and came across these guys, who had a brand new one advertised for $650 with shipping.

I purchased the camera online, and the following day got the email - please call us to confirm your payment details. I got the old bait 'n switch, and was pressured into buying all sorts of accessories, which I refused. I was then told the camera was out of stock, and hung up on. Long story short, it has been a month of me emailing with no response, calling and getting hung up on, you get the idea.

My fault for not researching them until after I made the purchase. I looked on Ratings Planet and found they had a horrible rep, and then found this information about them on the BetterBusinessBureau

I guess this is a trend for them. So do yourself a favor, and avoid them.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Hello all,

Wanted to give a friendly heads-up to anyone looking to purchase electronics gear online, please learn from me and avoid thecameraprofessionals.com.

A month ago, I had the mis-fortune of flooding my Sony HDR-HC7 camera. I was looking online to purchase another one, and came across these guys, who had a brand new one advertised for $650 with shipping.

I purchased the camera online, and the following day got the email - please call us to confirm your payment details. I got the old bait 'n switch, and was pressured into buying all sorts of accessories, which I refused. I was then told the camera was out of stock, and hung up on. Long story short, it has been a month of me emailing with no response, calling and getting hung up on, you get the idea.

My fault for not researching them until after I made the purchase. I looked on Ratings Planet and found they had a horrible rep, and then found this information about them on the BetterBusinessBureau

Don't forget to contact the BBB yourself.

Sorry, that sucks.

Thanks for the heads up. You are correct, researching them is key. In addition to on-line ratings, I like to see a brick and mortar address.

I have had the bait and switch tried on me as well, by another vendor. It seems to be standard operating procedure. They were legitimate enough to send me my scanner eventually, after much foot dragging, and without any over-priced accessories.

Now I just go to B&H or Adorama--if a price is significantly less than they are advertising, it's probably from a shady operator.

Back
Top Bottom