Do I really need an expensive dive computer??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m still thinking I might “need” a vintage Seiko to back up my computer. It should be from the 1960’s. Yes I really think this is a safety issue. And my birthday is coming soon.

Where I was in the 60s the really cool divers who had everything (like SPGs and Jet Fins and such) wore Zodiac watches.

759-10001-ZO9504_M?$PDP_M_ALL$.jpg

I am still diving with a Uwatec Aladin Pro Nitrox when I first bought it in 1997/8.
If I am in the market for a new one, it has to be less than US$200.00 and not used.

upload_2018-3-24_20-43-12.jpeg
upload_2018-3-24_20-43-30.jpeg
could go with this combo as long as you dive open water on bright sunny days..

In defense of my bottom timer, it is decades old and still works, as long as I remember to wind it!

You've also got to remember to properly align the rotating bezel unless you've got a bear-trap memory. But if you had one of those, (memories), you wouldn't forget to wind it or align the bezel.:)

You've also got to remember to properly align the rotating bezel unless you've got a bear-trap memory. But if you had one of those, (memories), you wouldn't forget to wind it or align the bezel.:)

The one I have has a button on the top that is used to reset it to zero. You pull up on the button to reset and push it down to wind it up. It activates automatically at around 8 feet. On my Dive Watch you need to set the bezel.

Since I don’t know my tables THAT well perhaps I “need” this: it has a speciL bezel ring for that— sexy!

Attachments

• 1EE6173F-B302-4E6A-BC21-D503F54E3760.jpeg
    1EE6173F-B302-4E6A-BC21-D503F54E3760.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 44

The one I have has a button on the top that is used to reset it to zero. You pull up on the button to reset and push it down to wind it up. It activates automatically at around 8 feet. On my Dive Watch you need to set the bezel.

As you stated that you do not care to rely on electronic devices earlier in this thread, I presumed that your bottom timer is your dive watch, and not a separate tool.

Back
Top Bottom