Do Apeks regs breathe O.K. wearing a B/P?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ragnar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Haaaa.....C'mon it's a joke! So, I'll apologize in advance for more Apeks questions, but I've been reading here for awhile and still don't quite have it figured out. I've used the last rebuild kit on the old Dacor and it's gonna be time soon. Mares be damned. ANYway, I've got the basics....any Apeks reg will do anything:D , but does an ATX100 have the same 1st stage as a ATX200? Does a DS4 come with a certain second stage or can ya just pick any combo you want? I plan on getting two of the same 1st stages and switching one from a pony to a double set-up. Thanks!!!

The ATX-100 and 200 have different first stages. Depending on who you buy your reg from, you can get any second stage with the DS4. The most popular choice for the DS4 is the ATX 50 or ATX 40. Check out the aqualung.com website for more information (US distributor for Apeks).

Yeah, you can mix and match with the DS4. For my stages, I went with ATX-40s, and for my primary, ATX-50.

Ragnar:
does an ATX100 have the same 1st stage as a ATX200? Does a DS4 come with a certain second stage or can ya just pick any combo you want? I plan on getting two of the same 1st stages and switching one from a pony to a double set-up. Thanks!!!

The ATX100 comes with the same first stage (called FST or "Flathead") as the TX100. The ATX200's first stage (FSR) is more compact - it is also available as a PVD coated version called the Tungsten. Internally the FST and FSR are very similar although the FSR has the removable ARCAP valve seat feature.

You can order the DS4 with the second stage of your choice - bear in mind that the ATX 50, 100, 200 and Tungsten second stages are identical apart from the cosmetic front cover.

Thanks......so as I see it then, It's basically two DS4/ATX50's or Two FSR/ATX200's. For sixty bucks more than the TX100 I'd rather just opt for them. Am I wrong in this?

So as I figured it pretty much comes down to price and hose routing. I think I read here somewhere that the 200 is better on a single tank set-up? Do both work equally as well on doubles or is one cleaner than the other?

Back
Top Bottom