Do any dive boats go from Oahu to other islands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johm77

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'll be visiting Honolulu from 22-Sep to 13-Oct.

I was wondering if any dive boats go to Maui or Kauai from Oahu. I know flights are cheap, but since I want to go to Dive, making sure I have 12-18 hours before flying will be tough.

Please advise. Thanks!

-John Ohm

Why yes. Island Divers just got their own boat that will do interisland trips. A 7-10 dive 2 1/2 day trip. They are getting ready to run their first one next month I believe. Check with them.

Here are some pics of their boat in another forum.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=200192

johm77:
I'll be visiting Honolulu from 22-Sep to 13-Oct.

I was wondering if any dive boats go to Maui or Kauai from Oahu. I know flights are cheap, but since I want to go to Dive, making sure I have 12-18 hours before flying will be tough.

Please advise. Thanks!

-John Ohm
In practice, flying between the islands loses you a day. A typical Maui boat charter finishes their second dive before noon. So you fly out the following day at noon, and then do a little sightseeing or a shore dive on the way to check-in at the next hotel.

What has worked for me on 10 day trips is to split it between two islands and have one non-diving day in the middle of the trip. With your 3 week trip, you it shouldn't be too hard for you to get to a couple of other islands besides Oahu.

If you are really ambitious, you could take the first flight of the day (still getting around 18 hour SI) and then rush over to catch a morning boat. A few operators do have afternoon boats, which you can easily get to, even after diving the previous morning on another island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom