DMW-MCTZ1 housing for a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1 camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jewls

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've been looking all over the internet for DMW-MCTZ1 u/w housing for a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1 camera and can not find a single housing for sale. If anyone has one available, please send me a PM with the price.

Tanks!

I'm not saying there ins't one, but I have had zero luck finding any underwater housings for my Panasonic cameras.

I'm not saying there ins't one, but I have had zero luck finding any underwater housings for my Panasonic cameras.

We'll I don't give up easily :wink:

Still looking for housing for this camera if anyone wants to sell:D

There are indeed underwater housings for Panasonic cameras. A quick search shows that the requisite housing for your camera is the DMW-MCTZ1.

That's the good news.

Now for the bad. I could only find one place that claims to have one in stock (all the others show is as out of stock, or back ordered, even Panasonic). Check here. Looks kinda expensive, but all photo stuff does.

There are indeed underwater housings for Panasonic cameras. A quick search shows that the requisite housing for your camera is the DMW-MCTZ1.

That's the good news.

Now for the bad. I could only find one place that claims to have one in stock (all the others show is as out of stock, or back ordered, even Panasonic). Check here. Looks kinda expensive, but all photo stuff does.

Whoa! I didn't expect to see it for that much. I guess demand has the price set high. Thanks for sending me this link though, this is the first one I've seen for sale online..but I think the search will continue until I find one more reasonably priced. Hopefully someone out there has one and wants to upgrade soon....just some wishfull thinking:wink:

There are several other sites offering to sell this housing, based on a Google search. But, of all the sites I checked (didn't do 100%) the one in the link is the only one that claimed to have it in stock. Like I said, even Panasonic has it on back order. You might try an online search and check each vendor; you may get lucky. I think that price is fully suggested retail, or higher. When the housings are available, I'm pretty sure you can find it for less. Don't rule out online camera retailers either. Good Luck.

I think they may have discountinued the manufacturing of this camera housing since it's an older model. I really can't see spending top dollar on the housing, but if I can find a good deal for a gently used housing that would be great.

I actually decided to buy the Intova IC12 about a month ago because I couldn't find housing for the Panasonic and it was in my price range. Once I find the Panasonic housing at a reasonable price, it'll become my back up or give to my boyfriend...if I can convince him to start diving with me :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom