DM5 Dive Planning Feature Request

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mouse51180

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
1) Currently you can print the dive plan in .pdf Allow dive planning data to be exported in .csv or .xls format so that the data can be edited or formatted into a more personal format.
Current .pdf format:
upload_2020-7-7_12-40-16.png

2) Allow dive plan to be exported in .csv or .xls format. I prefer to break my dive plan up further than what is outputted by DM5 currently. See above DM5 output vs Excel adjustments I make. It would be nice to be able to just import this data into excel or another program and allow people to manipulate it the way they see fit instead of having to manually enter all the data all over again.
upload_2020-7-7_12-43-15.png

2a) Alternatively...create a way to allow us to create our own output format.

3) Allow for sidemount calculations. If I put in two tanks in the "Levels" section, DM5 will output a calculation to breath one tank to half way, then swtich to the other tank and breath that half way. In reality we should be swapping throughout the dive. This makes the plan look ugly and the numbers bounce around too much
upload_2020-7-7_12-47-17.png

If there was a check box next to the tanks to select that both these tanks are in a sidemount configuration...this would make planning easier as it wouldnt be up and down as show above.

I tried to get around this by adding a single tank 80cu tank and saying it had 6000psi in it instead of two 80cu tanks with 3000psi each, but DM5 expects the tanks to explode at these pressurs and auto changes the values to a 70cu tank with 5221psi in it.
upload_2020-7-7_12-50-19.png

I eventually found that if I add a single tank and say its 160cu (instead of two 80cu) and giving the 3000psi...then the graph and data appears closer to how a normal dive plan should look.
upload_2020-7-7_12-51-50.png

4) If you allow for the above sidemount configuration to be added, then also add an "Is Lost" check box next to the tanks in the "Levels" section similar to the "Is Lost" check box in the "Deco" section.
upload_2020-7-7_12-53-42.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-7_10-21-55.png
    upload_2020-7-7_10-21-55.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 86

Back
Top Bottom