DM4 and "Ceiling" Value

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BFRedrocks

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Did a couple of dives to about 75 feet with my Vyper Air and downloaded them to DM4. With the reptitive dives (2nd of 2 in a day), I noticed that DM4 added a new graphed item (and value in the right hand details area) called "Ceiling." I know I'm a new diver and all, but I thought the "ceiling" was related to the top of the zone you would ascend to for a mandatory safety (deco) stop, or if you missed a safety stop or ascended too fast, the computer would show you a "ceiling" to avoid having you go too shallow for the stop.

However, these dives were not deco dives and the reported ceiling values were between 150 feet and 200 feet for roughly the entre profile (not a "shallow safety stop"). My question is, does anyone know what this means and why it's being reported by the software even with dives that are <80 feet? :blinking:

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom