DM swim times?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would do them in order of your strongest category to your weakest. Since you only need 12 points, you can take a lot of pressure off yourself in the "weaker" tests.

I did the tread first and got a 5.
Next was the tow and got a 5.

That is 10 of the 12. I only had to finish the two swims and get a point each to total 12 overall. Talk about a couple nice easy swims.

herman:
In addition, these are EXIT requirements (PADI DM)so you don't have to complete them at the beginning of the class and they are not a one shot test. You can retest during your DM training if you don't make the required 12 points on the first attempt or have some strange desire to improve on your score.

I probably should have added that it was MY choice to do everything (except the gear exchange) in one night. I'm just one of those annoying people who can't stand to leave something unfinished. (we would have done the gear exchanged to, but the other DM canidate wusses out on me :laughing: )

Disclaimer: I'm also the same girl that pitched a fit over missing one question on my Physiology exam, and two on my physics exam. I would stronger advice you split up your pool skills if you have that option! Good luck!

Thanks for the info I had already done the tests Sunday morning, we just could not remember the exact times and scores for the times. I did the snorkel in 12 minutes 5 seconds, the swim in 7 minutes and the tow in 1 minute 45 seconds. I have to do the tow over as the instructor noticed the person I was towing finned a little on the last lap (which really pissed me off) it was the last test I did and I was whipped and could not do it again. The guy I towed weighed about 270LBS. My legs where shot.

baitedstorm:
...Disclaimer: I'm also the same girl that pitched a fit over missing one question on my Physiology exam, and two on my physics exam. I would stronger advice you split up your pool skills if you have that option! Good luck!

You might not have missed the two on the physics exam. When I sat mine, there were two wrong answers in the PADI answer sheets for the DM physics exam. I pointed this out to PADI at the time, and was marked right for them, but I don't think that they have actually fixed the exams.
PADI seem to have particular trouble with the "how much bigger do things look" type questions. They get them round the wrong way.
Wording something along the lines of- "How much bigger/closer do things appear underwater?" actual answer =33%
versus
Wording something along the lines of- "Things are actually ___% smaller/further away than what they appear underwater." = 25% PADI answer tends to be 33%???

As far as the tests, PADI does not require that they be done one after the other on the same day. Your Instructor however, may think that this is a good idea and might make it a personal requirement. I can't see that this is a bad thing, but if this was what was keeping you from passing (it shouldn't be) then you would probably have some recourse through PADI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom