Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Say you were attacked by the rare Razorfish

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • Admit your mistake so others would learn from it

Votes: 79 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On my "class BC" I have my knife in a plastic sheath on the left pocket.

On my normal dive gear, I don't carry a knife as people think of one. I carry a set of trauma shears on my belt webbing and a Z-Knife (line cutter) on my left shoulder.

As to the comments..., no harm, no foul. I am inclined to agree with the "break" theory myself. My shears will hack through a LP hose with no problem. That is how I insure that I don't use hoses which fail inspection. I cut them and put them out of their misery. Anything else would have a rough time cutting the typical LP hose.

If you didn't see what happened, you don't really know. OTOH, "Big ego, dumb mistake" applies to me way too often. For myself, I can't see a knife accidentally cutting a hose, so I'm inclined to beleive the DM.

In any case, he real point to me is that the DM had a problem uw and handled it in a safe way, so let's learn from that.

ehh I keep my dive knife on my upper left portion of my bc, very close to the inflator hose.... I have only taken it out on a dive once or twice.

Took an old hose and a zeagle knife and let me tell you unless I held the hose in both hands bent the hose over and cut upward it was not easy to get a clean cut. Also took my zeagle cutters and was able to cut through the hose fairly easily. Dont think that you could make a clean cut through a hose without significant effort.

Forgot to say that I was able to succesfully puncture my bc once while trying to cut myself out of a net. That made for an extremly short rush of air and a glad that was not the drysuit thought through my mind.

Back
Top Bottom