DM course cost in the Phil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kiddo

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys! I plan to take the DM course this summer. How much is the going rate for a DM course nowadays? The last course I took was Rescue back in 2003. I paid around 12k all in all. My instructor will charge 38k+PADI fees for the DM. Is that about right?

sounds more than fair to me. Of course depends what's included, and how good your instructor is...:)

Hey guys! I plan to take the DM course this summer. How much is the going rate for a DM course nowadays? The last course I took was Rescue back in 2003. I paid around 12k all in all. My instructor will charge 38k+PADI fees for the DM. Is that about right?

Send CODMAN a PM and he can fill you in. He just set up his course with an operation in PG.

Yup, from what I've shopped, the general cost seems to be around 850-900$ + or - a bit, and obviously depending on what is included (books etc...). I saw some places quite a bit more, and some places cheaper. But the price you were quoted doesn't seem exagerated to me... Once again, I believe it all depends on what is included, how good/ qualified your Instructor is, where you'll be doing it (A DM internship on Tubataha reef :D:D), the cost of living where you'll be doing it, the potential experience you can gain (doing it in a remote area where you only supervise 2 divers over your whole internship isn't great), etc...

I'm off to Sabang in less than 3 weeks for this! :D:D I'm doing Rescue and DM with an instructor down there. I've already got 85% of the book work done, so I'll be able to concentrate on the practical stuff over there... I'll be able to tell you more about my experience when I'm there, or when I get back (don't think I'll be spending much time on Scubaboard over there...)

Hope this helps a bit!

Cheers!

Hi CODMAN, the 38k is only the instructor's fee. Books, PADI fees, and other materials are not included. Cost of living isn't a problem since I'm doing it locally. As for the number of students, my instructor gets a fair share, but its more of supervising certified divers than new students. So what do you guys think?

Hi CODMAN, the 38k is only the instructor's fee. Books, PADI fees, and other materials are not included. Cost of living isn't a problem since I'm doing it locally. As for the number of students, my instructor gets a fair share, but its more of supervising certified divers than new students. So what do you guys think?

hmm... as far a i can remember it's only 16k here in davao. i'll get back to you later.

Kiddo, if that doesn't include your manuals and books, then it's not that great a price... I don't know if that's the price for doing it in your area (where exactly?), but I'd shop around unless you have a good reason to do it there...

Hope this helps!:coffee:

I'm located in Cagayan de Oro City. How much would the instructor's fee usually run? Is it still only 16k in Davao bing.?

It takes about 64 dedicated training hours of instructor time to make a DIVEMASTER. If they are charging PHP 16K for their time (PHP 250/hour) then I would question their teaching ability, level of training and their sanity!

I'm located in Cagayan de Oro City. How much would the instructor's fee usually run? Is it still only 16k in Davao bing.?

hi kiddo, i'll be talking to pot-pot (shop's resident padi instructor) tomorrow, he's been out of town last week. i'll have more for you then.

btw, how's cagayan? haven't been back there since 2003... i've heard "the site" gets pretty exciting at night :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom