DLNR boat at Shark's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gunrock

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Forgot to mention this at the time but on Saturday July 6 we saw a DLNR boat approach Shark's Cove and make contact with some of the swimmers and divers there. We briefly thought there might be a missing diver, because the Coast Guard helicopter swooped in, but then it departed just as quickly, so we started thinking maybe the CG just wanted to see who the jackwagon was with a boat in an area full of swimmers. :)
Does anyone know what they were up to? Reminding people that they need to have their dive flags out?

My daughter was one of the swimmers approached by the DLNR. I was diving with my other daughter, and she was snorkeling above us, following the flag. The guy asked her if she was "monitoring those divers" and if "that was the only flag for all of those divers". He also asked her what dive shop she was with. She told him she wasn't with a shop, and there were only two of us down there. Then he drove away........ There were alot of people in the cove that morning, and I think I only saw one other flag besides mine.
I could hear the boat and I knew it was close, so I was keeping an eye on my daughter since she was right above us. (was also wondering why there was a boat so close) I didn't know they were talking to her until we came up.
I didn't hear the chopper. :wink:

Perhaps this explains why the following Saturday, the mouth of the cove looked like a dive flag regatta.

Back
Top Bottom