Djibouti Dolphin and whale shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apart from the whale sharks is there anything else to see scuba diving from Djibouti ?
I went on a LOB in Djibouti in December 2019. I found it fascinating! Wonderful Whale Shark snorkeling and a couple of times they joined us on dives.
You also dive between Tectonic Plates. Nice diving: corals, turtles, good viz.
At the end after disembarking we did a road trip for the day and it was very interesting, stunning, very unusual scenery.

I went on a LOB in Djibouti in December 2019. I found it fascinating! Wonderful Whale Shark snorkeling and a couple of times they joined us on dives.
You also dive between Tectonic Plates. Nice diving: corals, turtles, good viz.
At the end after disembarking we did a road trip for the day and it was very interesting, stunning, very unusual scenery.
Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated

Apart from the whale sharks is there anything else to see scuba diving from Djibouti ?
There's an Italian submarine WWII era at 40m and at least one other wreck that I know of.

Personally given the issues around Bab Al Mandeb at the moment I'd hang off diving there for now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom