DIY Video Housing a success... Continued ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

konasdad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I hope SB will get the orignal thread of this title posted in the DIY forum so that it may continue. If not, hopefully the following link will work for getting there

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.phpt=101940&highlight=DIY+Video+Housing+%3F

(This is a long discussion over a couple of years by & from many divers who have successfully made their own underwater housings for video cameras. There is a lot of useful information that should help anyone thinking of making a housing.)

This is a second try to get this back in the main DIY forum area. We'll see if it works.

-Mark-

Hello All,

I have thoroughly enjoyed following this thread and look forward to undertaking my own housing project (after I finish 8-10 other projects). Thank you to everyone who has contributed.

I have a couple of ideas that I thought I would throw out there. With all of the concern about water infiltration both in the water and on the shore/boat between dives I began to wonder if I could reduce or eliminate the need to open the housing.

1) Use an IR remote in a waterproof skin to control the camcorder. Allready documented in the thread.

2) Use an inductive charger similar to the one my (waterproof) electric toothbrush uses.

3) Download digital video using a USB/Firewire to IR/Bluetooth/WiFi adapter.

Please let me know what you think?

I also have a question regarding the sealing of the forward lens of the housing.
After completing the fixed end of the housing would it be beneficial to apply a vacuum to the interior of the housing then apply an additional coating of 5200 sealant to all joints so that if there are any voids the sealant would be drawn inward by the vacuum to seal them??

Thanks

Steve

Steve,

It seems that posting a message to the original thread for this DIY got it to show up on the DIY forum list again. It might be a good idea to post (re-post) your comments/questions on the original thread so that the thread doesn't get too fragmented. The link in my second posting above should take you there.

-Mark-

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom