DIY Tray w/Loc-line

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba.Pete

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have never used fiberglass, and was really looking for a reason to mix up some resin and make a mess. Here is what I came up with:

IMG_00159.JPG

IMG_00197.JPG

IMG_00208.JPG

The tray was fabricated with fiberglass and a little bondo filler. The handles are wooden dowels coated in resin with 1/4"-20 T-nuts in each end. They are covered with some $5 bicycle grips. Handles and camera are attached with some $1 SS knobs from McMasters.
I've got about $30 in it, and only about 3 hours of actual work (much longer including drying time).
Now I just need a strobe!! Anybody want to sell one cheap?

-Jeremy

Ahhh...magiccubes. Those were a little before my time! :D

Nice Job! I want to do the same thing. Where did you get your line-loc? And how did you attach it to your handles? (never worked with it before)

Have you tried it out yet? Probably a little buoyant with the wood handles.

Here is the supplier I used, very fast delivery.
ModularHose.com - Loc-Line Modular Hose System
In addition to the line you will also need 1 of these Loc-Line 61514 Double Socket and 2 of these Loc-Line 60533 Fixed Mount

The 60533 parts are the end caps which have holes in them for mounting. The 61514 is a female to female adapter which you will need to join the line to one of the 60533 end pieces. You will find the loc-line is not stiff enough to hold up most strobes out of the water but does a nice job when submerged.

herman pretty much summed up the part about the loc-line.
As for the buoyancy...I am hoping to get it in the water this weekend. I used some washers and a small steel bar to reinforce the fiberglass and give it some weight, but I am sure it will need a little more weight to get it neutral.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom