DIY Scuba Tank Rack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

klick

Registered
Reaction score
I made a rack for the back of my truck, the first version worked better then I expected, there are things I would change if i cut out another one, but here are the pics of the first version:

The whole thing is just pieces of interlocking wood, when not in use I can just take it apart real quick and it doesn't take up much space. The last pic shows the piece that locks around the tank valve, no real pressure goes to the valve, but it's an extra assurance.

I just got certified last weekend, so hopefully this will come in handy for scuba'ing around here.

Ross

Attachments

• scuba.tank.rack.a.jpg
    scuba.tank.rack.a.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 2,560
  • scuba.tank.rack.b.jpg
    scuba.tank.rack.b.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 5,004
  • scuba.tank.rack.c.jpg
    scuba.tank.rack.c.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 2,628
Congratulations on the certification, welcome to the wonderful underwater world.

Nice work, your woodworking skills are better than mine. Is it all 3/4 plywood? Did you use a jig saw or scroll saw?

It's cut on a CNC machine, I built my own CNC machine long ago, another hobby. Yes it's all 3/4" baltic plywood, home depot. I designed it in about 2 hours while watching TV and then it took an hour to cut it out, approx. So it's cut out with a standard woodworking router, 1/4" inch spiral bit.

Here's a pic of my cnc right before I finished it, there's a tabletop on it to put the parts you're cutting which isn't in the pic.

Attachments

• mycnc.jpg
    mycnc.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 2,705
I like it. Have you ever thought of selling any? My woodworking skills..... well I have none.

Super sic setup! I am jealous. Oh the things I could make :)

What is your profession? I am guessing something with wood or at least manufacturing.

wow is all I can say . . . that is the fanciest schmanciest tank rack I have ever seen :D Of course before I read what you wrote, I immediately checked out the photos and thought it looked like one of those 3D puzzles :D Did you put all the cutouts in the sides for tie down options? I saw the bar behind it in the bed, does it shift on the liner? if you had a mat on top of the liner, with the weight of the tanks, do you think that would stabilize it?

you built the CNC? it is beauuuutiful :D I can't see the brains of the operation, where is the computer part? ummm, yeah, I will need more pics to fully appreciate it :rofl3:

ps - I have absolutely no woodworking abilities, just a fascination of gadgets . . .

Thats crazy dude. Your own CNC machine. I wish I had taken embedded systems back when I was in school, that would've been an awesome project...

my own CNC machine... damn I'm drooling...

Back
Top Bottom