DIY Mares InfraRed Cable for AirLab/M1/Dacor Darwin -- Works!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

linuxbaba:
Hi PanamaMike,

Where is larry@... address. I would like to get this DIYmaresIRcableVer2.zip for study.
I cannot get the Yahoo Web Access wrok. :confused:
Or, If you have another location to let us download it. That is great.
Please help.

Member Scubatoys said he'd make my .zip file available on his website, so I
e-mailed it to the Larry at ScubaToys dot Com e-mail address I had on hand
so he could do so. That e-mail address I used was one I had on hand from
buying things from him over the years, including the AirLab for which I made
that cable(thanks Scubatoys). I posted on this board that I e-mailed it to
him so he'd know where to find it, since frankly I don't even know that
scubaboard member Scubatoys is Larry. Sorry for the confusion, I should
have PM'ed him.

Anywa, PM me your e-mail address and I'll e-mail the file to you, too.
It's 562827 bytes.

--Mike

thanks for PanamaMike and Scubatoys ... I got the file and study it now.... I will try to build it.

Thank you very much

It appears the link has been removed from scubatoys. I just bought a Mares M2 from scuba toys because it was such a great deal and i'm a "poor" engineering student so i didn't want to drop another 100 buck on the IR dealio.

So i'm gonna try and make the most recent one from EKTM since i have soldering experience and i have a USB to 232 adapter already.

I would really appreciate that debugging software. Could i ask someone to email it to me or repost it?

Also, i posted at EKTM but it doesn't appear to have users for the last year. My questions regarding the latest zip package (serial version was posted early 2007) at EKTM downloads were:

1) Are the "Rser =50" V1 and V2 purely for simulation in LTSPICE? If not what is V1 and V2?

2) Is G1 in the schematic purely for simulation in LTSPICE? If not what is G1?

3) Is B1 in the Layout the same as G1 in the scematic? If not what is B1?

4) If any of the above are not only for simulation then what are they or what routing should be in their place?

Any suggestions on IR TX and RX component specifications... eg. 56khz nesessary? etc

Thanks in advance for your responses

Don

Last edited:
Hey, Don, I'm, on the same quest. Just got parts from digikey.com for the schematic found on MARES IRIS Interface schematic circuit, but still waiting for the M2 ans COM cable.

Let's share results/problems/questions. I'm gonna start prototyping it sometime next week.

Hey, Don, I'm, on the same quest. Just got parts from digikey.com for the schematic found on MARES IRIS Interface schematic circuit, but still waiting for the M2 ans COM cable.

Let's share results/problems/questions. I'm gonna start prototyping it sometime next week.

Yes, the diagnostic software and related documentation
in my release package is the most useful part of it.

You can get it at the LTspice users' group at
LTspice : LTspice/SwitcherCAD III I think you
have to join to access the files section, but you can
always unjoin if you're so inclined. There you can
also get help with LTspice.

--Mike

Awsome, I was worried you haven't been viewing the forums Panama Mike. I will go view my post at EKTM and see whether my answers are up.

Welcome Mr. Spock I am more than happy to team up on any problems but i should point out that the schematics we're using are different versions by different people. I'm not sure whether i will stay with the one from EKTM yet, depends whether i get some answers about that most recent download package at EKTM. I must say I appreciate LTSPICE having used similar software during my engineering schooling/jobs.

Stay in touch and i'll talk to you soon spock and thanks for the reply PanamaMike,

Don

No reply to my questions at EKTM :( PanamaMike I hope i'm not being a pain but could you answer my questions 1-4 located in post 14 of this thread.

MrSpock, i looked at the sketched schematic and i have some questions for you since you have already ordered parts you must know the answer..

On Mr Cardew's schematic what kind of diode did you order in place of the ones just below the 4040(no values)?

What transmitter diode did you order?

What are the components up in the top left between pwr/gnd. I see a cap, diode, and something else and theres no values for them?

MrSpock, i looked at the sketched schematic and i have some questions for you since you have already ordered parts you must know the answer..

On Mr Cardew's schematic what kind of diode did you order in place of the ones just below the 4040(no values)?

What transmitter diode did you order?

What are the components up in the top left between pwr/gnd. I see a cap, diode, and something else and theres no values for them?

Don, I don't think the diode type is relevant in this case. I believe any pair of silicon diodes should work just fine.

I ordered TSAL6200: http://www.vishay.com/docs/81010/tsal6200.pdf I hope it should work, since theoretically it should couple with BPW41N photo diode.

Attached is the list I ordered from digikey.com. I have a bunch of parts in my possession, so this is not a full list.

Attachments

• IRIS digikey parts.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom