DIY LightHeads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A bit to rich for a DIY person's, blood but nice...

A bit to rich for a DIY person's, blood but nice...

Ha, I like that. But really, I spent more than $250 buting athe DiveLight Companion, purchaseing PVC, Lenses, Cable Glands, maglights, and bulbs, with harness before I finally liked what I had.

3000 lumen for under $400 total, I think that is pretty reasonable.:blinking:

I hear you, man. That's the bad thing about DIY. SOmetimes you have to play with a lot of expensive stuff to get to something you could have bought commercially for 1/2 the price. I too like to build my own stuff and know exactly what you are talking about.
Good luck. Those are some great looking lights.

It seems a little pricy...$400 for the canister, $250 for the light head, 120 for the spot light to scavange the bulb...=$770

Nocturnal canister light with warranty= $550
Dive Rite 700 lumen LED with warranty= $525
Dive Rite 1000 lumen HID with warranty=$690

All reputable established companies.

Your stuff looks nice but why should we buy your lights? Not trying to be rude, just asking the question.

Steve

Thanks Packhorse you are exactly right. no one makes a 3000 lumen light for that cheap, also my lightheads come with a 1 year warranty. The only thing you cant warranty is the bulb/ballast but the only thing that might break is the bulb which you can find on ebay for $45 it is just an H7 hid bulb. Thanks for the responses.

Thanks Packhorse you are exactly right. no one makes a 3000 lumen light for that cheap, also my lightheads come with a 1 year warranty. The only thing you cant warranty is the bulb/ballast but the only thing that might break is the bulb which you can find on ebay for $45 it is just an H7 hid bulb. Thanks for the responses.

sent you an email about your reed switch setup. did you get it?

Sorry, didn't see the warranty...What does your 1000 lumen light head go for? The link is incomplete (At least it's not loading on my computer).

Do you sell the canister setup with out the battery?

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom