DIY Harness for Halcyon Backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Poseidon77

Reaction score
Someone just left me a old Halcyon SS Backplate with no harness. Short of buying the item, has anyone ever tried DIYing the harness?

i understand that it can be made by using a long weight belt webbing with some modifications. Does anyone have the dimensions for reference?

Your help will be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

FredT has harness kits, his hardware is laser cut out of a single piece of stainless.
Be sure to check the webbing slots for burrs that can slice up the webbing, Halcyon has had problems with that from time to time.

Can't recall the prices, drop him an email: ftagge@acadiacom.net or ftagge@goldinc.com

Poseidon77 once bubbled...
Someone just left me a old Halcyon SS Backplate with no harness. Short of buying the item, has anyone ever tried DIYing the harness?

i understand that it can be made by using a long weight belt webbing with some modifications. Does anyone have the dimensions for reference?

Your help will be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

One of the best step-by-step sites I've seen. Also, good idea of parts required for the project. I used it my first time a couple of years ago, and it was worth it.

Webbing a harness

BTW, their approximation of 15 feet of webbing worked out well.

Good Luck!

I just webbed up my first backplate using the links above. Its actually very easy. I ordered my webbing from AUL - www.aulinc.com. They have the slides, d-rings, etc.

Also, while in REI the other day, I noticed they sold 2" webbing for only 60 cents a foot. It is softer than what I recevied from AUL but not as soft as seatbelts. It didn't seem to stretch so I may try that out in the future.

Tony

kramynot2000 once bubbled...
I just webbed up my first backplate using the links above. Its actually very easy. I ordered my webbing from AUL - www.aulinc.com. They have the slides, d-rings, etc.

Also, while in REI the other day, I noticed they sold 2" webbing for only 60 cents a foot. It is softer than what I recevied from AUL but not as soft as seatbelts. It didn't seem to stretch so I may try that out in the future.

Tony

Don't use the soft suff, doesn't hold up as well and doesn't old position as well. Best place I've found for webbing and associated parts:

http://www.reefscuba.com/

Dave D

As mentioned earlier FredT has a Harness kit which has all the hardware to go along with it. I think its $40

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom