DIY Dry Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just ordered another RoLock set from Seaskin, March 6th and received them in the mail March 12. Buy the PU rings, RoLock and seals from them and you’ll be done in a few weeks and diving the most enjoyable glove system available at present.
Did you have to pay any customs fees for your purchase or was it under a dollar value threshold?

-Z

Did you have to pay any customs fees for your purchase or was it under a dollar value threshold?

-Z

I probably have 4-5 orders from Seaskin in the last 18 months, base layers, parts, odds and ends... never been charged anything from customs.

I have not ordered anything so far in 2022.

Reactions: Zef
Life was so much easier when I was stationed overseas....packages would show up at the APO post office on base and I would be able to pick them up without my wife knowing/questioning....now things are delivered to our house in the US and I have to respond to the interrogation.

-Z

There are quite a few threads on dryglove systems some of which are quite pricey. I thought I would repost this thread that has a $5.00 solution.
Are thesse the ones that are white on the inside?

Used a timer to see how long mounting the Showa 3415 gloves to my new RoLock rings
48F05965-DDEE-494C-A9EC-07AAB713784A.jpg

this was the time it took to open the box put silicone on the o ring on the blue ring put that in the glove and mount it in the ring, twice :wink:

Yes…stop futzing around with your DIY of questionable reliability and get a proven solution...

-Z
I appreciate the sentiment and don't disagree. Even so, there are reliable gloves with seals glued to them so making a pair shouldn't be a total fools errand.

One of the ways I learn is by tearing things down and rebuilding them. Yes, I am "one of those people" that needs to reinvent the wheel. (or "piss on the fence, twice, just to be sure it is electric", as my mentor used to say)

So, for me at least, the value isn't in the end product, rather the process.

Ultimately I'll be installing the Rolock system but until then, no harm in figuring the other stuff out!

I appreciate the sentiment and don't disagree. Even so, there are reliable gloves with seals glued to them so making a pair shouldn't be a total fools errand.

One of the ways I learn is by tearing things down and rebuilding them. Yes, I am "one of those people" that needs to reinvent the wheel. (or "piss on the fence, twice, just to be sure it is electric", as my mentor used to say)

So, for me at least, the value isn't in the end product, rather the process.

Ultimately I'll be installing the Rolock system but until then, no harm in figuring the other stuff out!
LOL... to each his own, and I'd be happy to look at pictures of your finished product and I really do hope that you share. Dive and let dive!

Those might be reliable, but the end product isn't that great.. think about it. My wrists get fairly cold if I don't wear wrist warmers, and your planning to have the seal right up against your wrist. (Actually 2 of them if they overlap) I'm not saying that you shouldn't do it because it's not worth it to learn to glue, I'm saying I think after a dive or 2 you'll be like "F this" and install the PU rings anyway. It's the same "process" learning / gluing in the PU rings, but the end result is actually something that's usable... not something you'll look back on and think.. "wtf was I thinking".

The juice (in this case) isn't worth the squeeze (in my humble opinion). But again, dive and let dive... good luck!!!

Reactions: Zef
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom