DIY dive lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aminear

Reaction score
What no post on DIY dive lights? Surely you guys are making these.

I am starting this post to share my work. What is everyone else doing? P1280003_resize.JPG

P2200012_resize.JPG

P2200013_resize.JPG

P1280002_resize.JPG

Is there going to be any explanation to what you did and what you used???

I guess more explanation would be in order.

I am building these canister lights, the light head is made from a 6061 aluminum round (about $8 worth of aluminum), it is designed for a welch allyn 10w hid ($124 bulb& ballast), (you can also use a mr11 halogen in them $6). The canister is made from sch40 pvc (<$1) threaded with a pvc plug on the bottom and an aluminum cap ($2 worth of aluminum). The rest of the parts nmhi batteries, cable glands, wire & switch will run less than $50. Now you have a canister hid for less than $200, only drawback you need a lathe (priceless). I am going to test run my 35w halogen tonight and see how long it will run on my 4700 mA battery pack, it would be nice to get 1 1/2 hours. The halogen one gets the cost way down to reasonable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom