DIY Compressor Filter and Dryer designs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those that cannot afford the ToxiRae 3 there is a cheap US made version now on the market that we have tested and its performance is right up there with the high end units plus the battery and sensor are user replaceable. The only real negative with this unit is the alarm is barely audible so it is better for checking tanks after they have been filled by the noisy compressor. Cost is only 81 British Pounds.
Carbon Monoxide Inspector - Portable CO Meter & Tester, Made in USA

Peter

So to wrap this thread up a little, it seems to me that when I run out of my three 1801s, that I can grab one of these detectors, fill my 8" repack with MS and AC (70/30 seem like a good mix?) and I'm done. No catalyst needed, and I have a mobile CO tester for those trips to the islands to boot.

If I get a bad CO test on a tank in my garage setup, just blow down the tank, go yell at my neighbor to take his lawnmower elsewhere and re-pump...

Does that make sense to you guys for my specific RIX application? Mani

So to wrap this thread up a little, it seems to me that when I run out of my three 1801s, that I can grab one of these detectors, fill my 8" repack with MS and AC (70/30 seem like a good mix?) and I'm done. No catalyst needed, and I have a mobile CO tester for those trips to the islands to boot.

If I get a bad CO test on a tank in my garage setup, just blow down the tank, go yell at my neighbor to take his lawnmower elsewhere and re-pump...

Does that make sense to you guys for my specific RIX application? Mani

Sounds reasonable.

You can bump check your detector (make sure the sensor is responding) using your breath. Blow gently into the Tygon tubing so as to not pressurize the sensor and the analyzer should read 1 ppm to 3 ppm if you are a non-smoker and do not have any lung issues. Once a year you can send the unit back to the manufacturer to get it calibrated for ~ $50.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom