DIY Camera Housings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hadiwa

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi All,
Anyone has any references online on how to make your own caemra housing? I have a Nikon FM that I want to try taking underwater.
Cheers
haDi

hadiwa:
Hi All,
Anyone has any references online on how to make your own caemra housing? I have a Nikon FM that I want to try taking underwater.
Cheers
haDi
I don't know about online, but if you look in used bookstores or a library, you can often find older (1960's-1970's) books on underwater photography that discuss this in detail. Modern underwater photography books have alot of pretty pictures, but don't seem to go beyond pointing the camera in the right direction and pressing the button. I have a big collection of older books that go into detail about how to make underwater housings from various materials, machine control rods, wire up flash guns, etc. There are quite a few of these books around and they can be quite interesting (and sometimes amusing).

You might be interested in this post on DDN to see what can be acheived with alot of hard work, patience (not to mention skill) :-

Homebrew housing

Have a look at turtlesarehere.com. There are some links there too. ob1

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom