DIY 5x3W LED monoblock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

antero

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Here is my anti-recession diving light unit #5. The cost of materials is less than $70, your mileage may vary.

Attachment 1.
DIY 15WLED made of integrated LED assembly of 5x3W CREE LEDs. Compare: 13W (upgraded to TrailTec from Welch Allyn 10W) Dive Rite HID (left) vs my 3x5W LED (right).
Picasa Web Albums - ARY

Attachment 2.
5x3W CREE assembly powered by 2x2 Li-ion rechargeables (allows 4 AA or 18650 size packs). Burntime on full power (it has 5 modes) over 3 hrs. tested to 200'. Video diffuser is easily attached. Tripod mount. Body - composition of 2" pipes: aluminum and PVC-1, fittings from Home Depot.
Picasa Web Albums - ARY

It would not let me to attach this one....
My "secret special way" of fixing magnet to control a reed switch: it will not fall off, it will not stretch, it easily can be moved, it doesn't move accidentally, it also allows to attach to the bolt-clip.
Picasa Web Albums - ARY

Attachments

• ary_diy_5x3LED_002.jpg
    ary_diy_5x3LED_002.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 140
  • ary_diy_5x3LED_003.jpg
    ary_diy_5x3LED_003.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing!

Another excellent diy light project Andrey.

Which Cree did you use (P4, Q5 or R2) ?
Have you been happy with the quality? I know Dealextereme and the other sites can provide 'suspect' quality on some parts.

Great reed switch :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom