divinglog.de aka Diving Log 5.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
I've been using it for about six months, and I'm very pleased. You can put a lot of information in, and I like the fact that you can manually add dives, if you have to borrow somebody else's computer or yours hiccups. It was worth the money. It's not quite as good as the Uwatec software I had with my Aladin, but it's way better than the logging software for my computer (X1).

It's not bad though I would like to see it do a better job with the suunto profile data (marks/etc). It dose a great job of treating the data like it's in a database (you don't know how great that is until you are dealing with some obtuse proprietary data set) so reordering sorting reporting tagging bits, exporting etc all work very well. I think it's a bit pricey (and no oS X version :( ) but still it's pretty decent compared to the vendor supplied junk, most of the other after market apps I've tried.

I just bought it this weekend. I agree it would be nice if it did a better job with the suunto profile data but I do like the software better than the old suunto device manager and WAAAY better than the new suunto softerware.

One of the biggest reasons I bought it was for the log designer function. Don't get me wrong, I am a tech geek at heart :dork2:but I still like to have a hard copy of what I did. Now I can print out my own dive logs with all my computer data. Now all I have to do is find a place that sells blank dive-log refills. (Anyone now where to pick that up?)

EDIT: Finally, I found a company that supplies blank log sheets (even with a 'Rite in the Rain' option). YAAAHHHOOOOOO!

http://www.dive-logs.com/productdetail.jsp?ProductCategory=7&ProductID=76

Last edited:
I have used it for over 4 years...it is great. They do regular updates and provide good support. Also there is an iPhone application that will sync the dives with your computer. Nice to carry a backup of your dives with you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom