diving xcalak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sealab

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
hello everybody.
i will be diving in xcalak tues 04/19. if my buddies internet is up i will try to post a daily trip report. If not i will post a trip report when i get back.
good diving
jimmy

Hello Jimmy,
We've Been Diving Xcalak For 14 Years- Go See My Dad(scuba Daddy & Mama-andy & Ruth) At Sand Wood Villas Just 6 Miles North Of Xcalak. Try Night Snorkeling Inside The Reef And See Creatures The You Have Never Seen Before. The Leaky Palapa In Town Has Excellent 5 Star Food.
Mama Ruth Has Outstanding Lobster Spaghetti And Everything You Could Ask For. The Area Is Pristine Now And Won't Be For Long With Cruise Boat Coming In Just 20 Miles North. Enjoy It While You Can.
Robin-scubason

went diving twice today. dive sites were la poza and dona nica.
first i'm staying at marina mikes.(www.xcalak.com) if you want to stay at a hotel that's easy walking distance from the dive shop its about 5 minutes. his web site can tell you all about the hotel.
the first dive site was la poza. the avg depth was 36ft, max depth for the dive was 60ft. the temp at depth was 85f. the surface temp was 90f. the vis was unlimited. about 10 minutes into the dive we saw turtles that followed us for about 3 to 5 mins. i saw plenty of lobster, turtles,crabs, eagle rays, angelfish and parrot fish. the coral was all healthy.
after 60 min we all grouped together (6 divers including dm) for a ss at 15ft. one of the better dives since i've been coming here.
the second dive was to a site close to the dive shop(dona nica) because the other divers for the dive didn't show so it was just me and the dm. about 5 mins into the dive we came across a 3 to 4 foot moray eel out in the open,that gave us a look then went about its way. about this time the boat captain revved up the engines to get our attention because 3 dolphins came by to check us out. after 3 to 5 mins they to went about their way. the rest of the dive was exploring some coral heads in some sand flats. in the sand flats we came across some eagle rays. we also saw lobster, angel and parrot fish. the dive was 49ft max. with 49 mins for the dive time.the temp at depth was 85f.
i know i'm not the best a trip reports but if you have gotten this far thanks for taking the time for this report.
good diving
jimmy
the dive shop is:
xtc dive shop
www.xtcdivecenter.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom