Diving without predetermined buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diver would not accept pointers to improve and even asked if they had ruined a picture for me.

I had put my camera platform down to do a video shoot and swam away as not being there is better. A diver from my group swims in front of my camera and finned up a sand storm. No consideration at all.

Well Taiwan just put all of EU UK and any transit through Dubai arrivals on mandatory 14 day quarantine when they arrive in Taiwan.

So my UK friend living in Cheltenham flying Emirates transiting Dubai now cannot fly to Taiwan and onto Bali. He has to cancel his trip today. So that leaves me going alone to Bali and needing to buddy up with perhaps just the guide as I was told so few tourists for diving there atm. It's low season and people are changing travel plans.

Are you sure that you should go?

Are you sure that you should go?

Life is an adventure. Adventures mean taking risks. In two minds as to go or not. I work in sports media rights sports betting so as many sports are now cancelled it's actually work wise a great time for me to go as my staff can run my office and be bored instead of me being bored. I'm a 5 hour direct flight to Bali which was already booked and paid for some time ago before the virus was an issue. Also the numbers of tourists to Bali has dropped so much and of course some cannot travel there... there are risks. Life is a risk.

Life is an adventure. Adventures mean taking risks. In two minds as to go or not. I work in sports media rights sports betting so as many sports are now cancelled it's actually work wise a great time for me to go as my staff can run my office and be bored instead of me being bored. I'm a 5 hour direct flight to Bali which was already booked and paid for some time ago before the virus was an issue. Also the numbers of tourists to Bali has dropped so much and of course some cannot travel there... there are risks. Life is a risk.

Normally, I'm totally on side with your premise. But this time it's different.
Part of me is thinking of my friends in Bali, who are losing income so I want you to go and help them. However, the true greater good is to NOT go, in case you take them more infection or become sick whilst you are there. The healthcare system there is already inadequate. From that perspective, it's selfish to go.

Normally, I'm totally on side with your premise. But this time it's different.
Part of me is thinking of my friends in Bali, who are losing income so I want you to go and help them. However, the true greater good is to NOT go, in case you take them more infection or become sick whilst you are there. The healthcare system there is already inadequate. From that perspective, it's selfish to go.

If I had the virus I would not be allowed to travel I would be in a hospital. So not I cannot take and give them an infection.

If I had the virus I would not be allowed to travel I would be in a hospital. So not I cannot take and give them an infection.

You do realize that you can be infected but not know it or become infected as you travel?

You do realize that you can be infected but not know it or become infected as you travel?

Apparently @BLACKCRUSADER is not aware or does not understand the nature of viruses in general, and this one in particular. Now that you have attempted to educate him, hopefully he will chose to not travel and potentially infect others. I found his tag line at the bottom of his post to be quite ironic.

Apparently @BLACKCRUSADER is not aware or does not understand the nature of viruses in general, and this one in particular. Now that you have attempted to educate him, hopefully he will chose to not travel and potentially infect others. I found his tag line at the bottom of his post to be quite ironic.

Don't you just love the condescending comments from some stranger who I have never met?
I've already been tested and do not have the virus thanks all the same.

Death is a part of life, the final frontier. The last adventure one should always look forward to.

It’s only an adventure to look forward now to for some people. Quite a few others are attending to their current adventures, and aren’t quite ready yet to move on, as we all must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom