Diving with the Beast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T.P.H.

Contributor
Reaction score
Well I finaly made it out to Twin Lakes about 2pm and got to meet Doug ( Beast).I just missed Coldwater as he had left about 5 min.before I arrived.Doug was giving it his all in welding up the new sub plat #2.He makes that kind of work look too easy.
After about 2 hrs of helping (getting in the way mostly) out and one smashed thumb later,Doug and I eased over to the southwest shore and dressed up for the wet stuff.
We set off heading across sub-plat #1 and cruised down to 30ft following the shore line.On the way out ,we had several fishies leading the way along the grass beds.Vis was running 5-6 ft with a temp around 76.
Along the way Doug signaled to me pointing out a peculiar looking tree that must have been floating upsidedown....very strange.After 20 mins. or so we turned around and headed back picking up several disgarded fishing tackle items along with a bright yellow golfball that Beast stashed away pronto.
It was a great dive and I am looking forward to diving again with him and hopefully Dee.I`m sure we will when we all get up to Lake Travis next weekend.
P.S. Beast...The thumb didn`t throbe till I got home...
:)

Beast didn't have much to say about the welding but he had a blast diving with you and Coldwater. Wish I'd been with you guys but I'm hoping this cold is over with by next weekend!

He told me you had a polartech suit on. I should have warned you, from someone who rarely uses a wetsuit, he'll take you down below the thermocline just for meaness! :eek:

Can't wait for next weekend!

Must say I had a blast diving with Beast, must have just missed you T.P.H. I'm looking forward to Lake Travis this weekend see you there!:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom