Diving with Sangalaki Dive Lodge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've just got back from my trip there. Sangalaki is superb and Kakaban is totally awesome! No doubt this is a great trip, but the management of the resort sucks big time!

Communication with them is excruciating slow, they don't listen to you and get details mixed up. They promised day trip to Maratua, but after I've paid up and arrived on Sangalaki, the trip was cancelled with no reason or compensation whatsoever! They even refuse to pick up my calls! Ronald Holland and Aima should put themselves out of business for being so unprofessional. They should do all divers a favour and let someone else manage this pristine dive destination instead. They are simply the worst dive operators I've ever tried. Furthermore, their prices are extorbitantly high, and with that kind of price divers are paying, I would expect better customer services. Resort condition is so-so and definitely not matching the prices you're paying.

Its 5 star diving, 1 star resort, and 0.1 star management and service.

My advice, stay in Derawan or Maratua, and make day trips to Sangalaki instead!

On the day I left Sangalaki, the cook apparently quited his job on the spot and left in the same boat with me. I don't know what happened, but he's uttering "Aima... F#@K!". Also, I was surprise to find an email sent to me on the date I was suppose to arrive on the island, asking me what equipment do I need!!! My god!!! I think I've already sent them my requirements back in June/July!

In summary, management of Sangalaki Dive Lodge is the worst I've ever tried. They should be out of business and let someone else take over. They are totally unprofessional and simply not customer orientated. Communication is the worst and they DO NOT read customers' requests. They promise everything but delivers minimal. It was such a rip off!

Please do not patronize them anymore! They are simply the WORST!!!

hi Jaevis, i'll be visiting derawan diver resort soon. I understand from the posts that it's pretty far from sangalaki...have you any idea whether the resort keeps to its representation on its website about 2 dives a day at sangalaki, maratua or kakaban?

hi batfish, i'm not sure about Derawan, but from my niece who visited them in May earlier this year, she did rate them as very approachable and friendly. She did make it to Sangalaki, Kakaban and Maratua from Derawan. I think making trips to Sangalaki/Kakaban/Maratua would be merely more of a weather issue. Rough seas would have prevented such crossings via boats.

lin4:
Hi Jaevis,

I could not agree with you more!!!
Hope the situation will improve real soon. Divers should not be deprived of such a awesome destination by some unprofessional operator. Hope they'll manage to sell the resort off to a more abled and professional organization.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom