Diving with Nekton cancelled Help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Terry2Puds

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I am flying from the UK to Miami on the 3rd May for a weeks diving in the Keys.

We were then to join the Nekton Rorqual on the 8th May for their trip to the Bahamas.

Today I have been told that the Rorqual is out of service and will not be ready until the end of May and they can not offer another boat.

We fly back out of Miami on the 15th May.

Any ideas of where to spend the second week diving?

Thanks

Terry

The Caribbean Explorer II is running a southern Bahamas itinerary at that time of year. Call them at 307-235-0683 to see if you can get on the boat late notice. They board at Goergetown for that itinerary. I looked at Ultimate Getaway for Dry Tortugas and Dolphin Dream for Bahamas, but neither boat has availability for the time you want.

I hear Wookie's got a boat that might take out divers.... I'm just sayin.......

BTW... Terry2puds, there have been several other recent threads about the Rorqual and generator issues it was having. it had one generator fail, then a second. and they were using a portable generator on deck for a while. (you should be able to find these threads with the search function).

We were then to join the Nekton Rorqual on the 8th May for their trip to the Bahamas.

Today I have been told that the Rorqual is out of service and will not be ready until the end of May and they can not offer another boat.

Thanks
Terry

Check availability on the Juliet sailing from Miami. Juliet Sailing and Scuba Diving
They run an excellent operation. It shows they are running Tortugas and Keys itinerary in May 2010.
Juliet Destinations

Thanks

Terry

Hi Terry -

I'm sorry to hear about your interrupted plans -

As Frank mentioned, our 18-passenger liveaboard Caribbean Explorer II is currently in the Southern Bahamas, based in Exuma, an easy (and fairly inexpensive) flight from Miami. We have several spaces left on the trip departing 8 May for 7 nights/8 days.

More information is at: Explorer Ventures: Southern Bahamas

If we can help out in any way, please don't hesitate to give us a call, or email info@explorerventures.com.

Best,

- Clay

I am on the May 15th trip and have not heard anything. How did they contact you? If that's the case I might try the Aqua Cat.

I am on the May 15th trip and have not heard anything. How did they contact you? If that's the case I might try the Aqua Cat.

Swinging a generator (or 2) should only take a couple of days.

Frank,

Those were my thoughts as well. I left a message and will be calling first thing in the morning. If they are out of commission then I'll be calling Aqua Cat. Frankly after reading many of the recent postings its not surprising.

Back
Top Bottom