Diving with limited budget

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erwun

Registered
Reaction score
hi, i just got my OW certification. i'm pretty sure this topic (diving with limited budget) has already been discussed before. however, i just wanted to be updated and your suggestions will surely help me a lot.

if you have 3,000 peso budget and you want to dive in anilao, what's the best resort to go to?

maraming salamat,

erwin

erwun:
hi, i just got my OW certification. i'm pretty sure this topic (diving with limited budget) has already been discussed before. however, i just wanted to be updated and your suggestions will surely help me a lot.

if you have 3,000 peso budget and you want to dive in anilao, what's the best resort to go to?

maraming salamat,

erwin

congrats on the cert erwin.

balai sa anilao, planet dive, aquaventure would be good bets. daytrip with lunch and 2-3 dives (including boat & dm fees) would be in the range of P2,000. :wink:

btw, you got certified in anilao?

thanks! yup. but i'm trying to look for other resorts that which my budget could afford. that way i can dive every month. actually, i'm even willing to bring my own food. i'll just pay for the accommodation. i just want to dive.

by the way, where can i rent bc and reg here in metro manila? bc/reg rent is high in anilao resorts.

thanks for the info.

erwun:
thanks! yup. but i'm trying to look for other resorts that which my budget could afford. that way i can dive every month. actually, i'm even willing to bring my own food. i'll just pay for the accommodation. i just want to dive.

by the way, where can i rent bc and reg here in metro manila? bc/reg rent is high in anilao resorts.

thanks for the info.
i usually rented my bc and reg from my instructor... that or at the resort... it's very hard to just walk into scubaworld and rent a rig... they're either earmarked for classes or won't lend you a set at all (no control, you understand, you walk out and they can never see you again as opposed to resort-based lending)... when i need a reg i borrow from my favorite dive shop, but they're not always available and i usually have to sing and dance to entertain the guy before he forks over the rig...

pacifica dive center in alabang (westgate, in front of minerva tire gallery, behind gonuts) has bc/reg rentals but they're actually more expensive than most resorts - you get what you pay for though, the equip is in topnotch shape and sparkling new... they also rent out air-integrated computers and BP/Ws (w/c you will soon be convinced into getting by the PPD :eyebrow:)

the cheapest way to dive is to bring your own tanks from manila (c/o nautilus i believe) and make arrangements with a bankero... there ought to be some public boarding areas around there where you can base from... i think you can board at the Philpan/ Mariko parking are (just before aquaventure) because they have a ramp going down into the water (for launching boats)... parking is 50/day

all you'll need is a local DM and there are a good number of them in anilao who are on a freelance (read: not tied to 1 resort) basis... edgar (who i met in balai) is very good but sorry i don't have his #... another alternative is to bring in your own DM from manila... lots of those scattered all over the place

haven't tried it yet, but it wouldn't hurt to give it a go (be ready to hit a resort on your 1st try though, just to be safe)

if you also are even more adventurous you can go through the local fishing villages... those will definitely have sea access if not a crude pier you can base out of... if you are really nice to a local carinderia you might even be able to score an instant caterer for your lunch

best budget option is to: bring your own tanks, borrow bc/reg, dive w/o a DM and do a shore entry from vistamar (you only have to pay entrance i think... don't know if they allow you to bring your own tanks or to go DM-less, though... and vistamar makes some public markets look like rustans ha)

there are a large number of tiny "resorts" along the anilao main road... knock on some doors and you should get lucky...

hope this helps... it's really hard to live in a paradise where the local currency is about as valuable as an old shoe hahahahahaha

Jag

shugar:
...and BP/Ws (w/c you will soon be convinced into getting by the PPD :eyebrow:)

:D where's spoon when you need him?

shugar:
best budget option is to: bring your own tanks, borrow bc/reg, dive w/o a DM and do a shore entry from vistamar (you only have to pay entrance i think... don't know if they allow you to bring your own tanks or to go DM-less, though... and vistamar makes some public markets look like rustans ha)

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

dive from aquav. the closer to five divers your group is, the cheaper it will be since you split cost of a local dm and boat. you have to call ahead to reserve dm, boat and tanks though. pm me for name and number of my suking DM who will take good care of you. aquav also has the lowest priced tanks in anilao (i think).

if you're looking for cheap overnight accommodations, try the phil. boardsailing assoc. they have aircon and non-aircom rooms (you can cram as many as 8 in some of the rooms), a loft or you can bring tents. you can also bring your own food to cook there. cant get any cheaper than that. you have to look for your own boat, dm and tanks though.

renting BC and regs. you can rent from diverspoint and dive buddies. not sure if someone has to vouch for you first.

hope this helps.

thanks so much for all your tips. i appreciate your generous help a lot and it helped widen my perspective on scuba diving and the cost involved in enjoying the sport.

jigo, do you have the contact number of phil. boardsailing assoc and aquav? thanks a lot again?

i'll try looking for "locals" also where i can stay for a night and dive. i'm sure it would be fun!

erwin

jonix, do you have the contact number of diver's point? thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom