Diving with hundreds of Sharks in French Polynesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GEODIVE

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Diving with hundreds of Sharks in French Polynesia on Vimeo

When you think of the dive in Tumakohua (South Pass) in Fakarava, French Polynesia, you think of sharks...

But there is nothing that can prepare you for what you are about to experience...

There are sharks in all dimensions.

There are sharks above, below, in front, in the back, right or left....sharks are every where, but still you are safe to awe...

I like it! But I think you're going to some :no: comments for some parts of that video from some people.:popcorn: Not me I liked it!

May I ask your experience with vimeo? Youtube keeps blocking my music (legally purchased) from being posted. I know vimeo has the pay to post /bigger bandwidth service. In your video you have used soundtrack from a recently released movie. Have they allowed you to post it or have they not bothered you up to this point? I am thinking of signing up for that service but if like youtube they disable music then it would not make sense to pay for such service.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Thx for your comments guys! It was definitely great to be there...Now that i edit the footage i really miss FP...

@ TSwain I have no idea why all these sharks are gathering there...
But you have to have in mind that the Fakarava atoll is protected by UNESCO for its bio diversity, the tourism is minimal there and the corals are almost not affected by the El nino effects...

@After Dark. What do u mean? Which part?

@bairballer. I have a SONY HDSR1 with an Amphibico housing and lights...It shoots nice in good lighting conditions but not in the dim lighting...It has served me well but i need to move on...

@yarik83 Vimeo is free for limited usage, i have not paid them anything...they have never bothered me with anything (which is not the case in youtube). Anyhow utube sucks. U better forget it...

WOW Great video! Do you know why all of the sharks are in that area? I iwould love to dive that site! Thanks for sharing.

I'm not positive, but I believe I read that site is at the entry/exit into a semi enclosed lagoon area. So maybe it's for feeding purposes, a passage way for the sharks to get from one area to another or both.

lovely footage. this place is in on my list. how was the dive operator? who did you use and where did you stay (if you don't mind sharing)? this site is really deep, right? ~150 fsw or so?

nice vid

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom