Diving with Dixie Divers in Deerfield, Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wordizbon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Heading to Dixie Devil Reef for my first dive in the ocean in Florida. Only time I've ever done the ocean was in the Caribbean where I'm sure the water is much clearer.

good luck and i hope the viz works out for you.

Never been to Deerfield, but some parts of Southeast Florida can have some Caribbean-like diving when the weather cooperates. Hope you have a great time!

I've dived with Dixie Divers and most other local charters in the Deerfield/Pompano area.

Including SFDHQ, which has an extensive list of dive sites. Dixie Divers has a list of reefs and wrecks they dive as well, although perhaps not as extensive.

Anyway between those two charters, and my extensive diving history there, I know of no reef with the name "Dixie Devil Reef".

Anyway between those two charters, and my extensive diving history there, I know of no reef with the name "Dixie Devil Reef".

They list it on their Facebook as a 60' Reef...along with Razzle Dazzle reef?! Again at 60'.

Lots of the reef names are pretty fluid, especially if they found a new place that's good to dive. It's been 20 years since I dove with Dixie Divers, and they were great. So was the vis, but like anywhere in the ocean, that can change in a minute. Please let us know how your trip turned out. Pics would be a nice addition! :D

Please post a report or your experience upon returning

Back
Top Bottom